Gaelic Traditions On March 7, 2005

Well, here I am again...sorry. One of my duties here at Framingham State College is to facilitate the Spring Performance Series. The second offering in this series may be of interest to area Gaelic enthusiasts and squeezers.

On March 7, 2005, at 1:30 p.m. in the Ecumenical and Cultural Center, Harpist Mairead Doherty and friends will present a program entitled: GAELIC TRADITIONS

with Jim Buchanan, fiddle

Mairead Doherty, harp

Mark Evans, concertina and tenor

Jim Gleason, wooden flute and tin whistle

Joey Sullivan, bodran

This group of musicians (with the exception bein' roly-poly ole me) has worked with Mairead giving concerts in schools and Grange Halls for years promoting Gaelic Culture. Their music making is sparkling and drop dead beautiful.

These concerts only run about 40 minutes and have a nice mixture of community folks, students and faculty. Free and open to the public, the center is a beautiful stone chapel from 1870 with stunning acoustics.

If you'd like to come, just email me directly at mevans@frc.mass.edu and I'll arrange parking and such.

P.S. If you manage to sneak off from other duties...in for a penny, in for a pound...bring along yer squeeze box and we'll have some fun afterward in this hall that makes a concertina sound like a pipe organ!

Edited by Mark Evans