Button Boxes and Moothies ~ Festival, Aberdeen!

Ptarmigan

I attended the first of these festivals some years ago and would thoroughly recommend it.Aberdeen is a lovely city and as usual Ian Russell has organised a great list of guests.All the venues are within walking distance and there is plenty of accommodation.On my visit I stayed in the Halls of Residence where a number of the guests stayed and I very much enjoyed the company of Simon Thoumire and Pip Murphy.The informal sessions that were organised were also very good and I met a number of fine local musicians.I hope to attend this year and will fly up from Manchester.However if I could get three or four others interested I might be prepared to drive.Email me if you are thinking of attending.

Mark Davies

edeophone@aol.com

Guest HallelujahAl!

Hi Guys! I can't tell you how delighted I am to be involved in this event, and to be able to offer my premises as a comprehensive venue for all the workshops and trade stalls...I'm looking forward to meeting up with a number of good friends again. Be good to see you again Mark...who'd have thought that The Salvation Army would send me to Aberdeen? :rolleyes:

Blessings to you all and keep squeezing!

AL

I attended the first of these festivals some years ago and would thoroughly recommend it.Aberdeen is a lovely city and as usual Ian Russell has organised a great list of guests.All the venues are within walking distance and there is plenty of accommodation.On my visit I stayed in the Halls of Residence where a number of the guests stayed and I very much enjoyed the company of Simon Thoumire and Pip Murphy.The informal sessions that were organised were also very good and I met a number of fine local musicians.I hope to attend this year and will fly up from Manchester.However if I could get three or four others interested I might be prepared to drive.Email me if you are thinking of attending.

Mark Davies

edeophone@aol.com

Looks like a super line-up.

Unlikely I'll be able to make it though, unless I can get work send me to Aberdeen for a few days.

If you're lucky enough to be going, hope you enjoy it.

It's a great line up alright Steve.

I have my ticket booked already & I'm hoping to catch workshops with Brendan Begley, Norman Chalmers, Roger Digby & Mary MacNamara & hopefully have tunes with many more.

I'm also looking forward to the few sun-soaked days in Aberdeen ~ in November ..... on the Scottish Riviera! :D

Cheers,

Dick

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping to go and am checking out train fares etc.

Well Michael, it's only costing me £77 return from Belfast to Aberdeen

... & that includes the Ferry! B)

Also, if your looking for a cheap & cheerful B&B, you might like to check out

the Ibis Hotel, which is within easy staggering

distance from all the weekend's hot spots! ;)

By the way, when you get there, I'll be the tall, fat, baldy, beardy bloke with

a Fiddle over my shoulder & a Concertina in each hand. :D

Cheers,

Dick

• 2 weeks later...

Can't now make it due to family matters. Cheers and have a good'un.

Aww that's a pity. :(

Oh well, I'll try & take a few photos for you, just to give you a flavour of what you missed.

This shouldn't be too difficult for me, given the fact that most of the sessions will no doubt be Scottish & my Scots repertoire is just a little rusty, to say the least. ;)

Cheers,

Dick