Recording Devices

MitfordRI

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That must be a new model Chris, it's more what I was looking for to be honest because I don't need all of the bells and whistles on the H4. I do prefer the X-Y mic configuration though and I suspect it's easier to be circumspect with the H4 - vital to a bootlegger ;)

That must be a new model Chris, it's more what I was looking for to be honest because I don't need all of the bells and whistles on the H4. I do prefer the X-Y mic configuration though and I suspect it's easier to be circumspect with the H4 - vital to a bootlegger ;)

Bit hi tech for me, but here's some of the advert prose. (I understand all the bit rate details, but don't really know about the advantages/disadvantages of different mic. patterns .. hmm I suppose for recording a session you could put it in the middle and select 360 degrees but that's a bit distracting)

"The H2 is the only portable recorder with 4 mic capsules onboard for 360° recording. With 4 mic capsules in a W-X/Y configuration, the audio is decoded instantly, bringing these four signals together for unparalleled stereo imaging. But the H2 doesn't stop there. For maximum flexibility, you can record from the front of the H2 in a 90° pickup pattern or the rear of the H2 in a 120° pickup pattern at up to 96 kHz/24-bit resolution as a WAV file, or as an MP3 file at bitrates up to 320 kbps. Additionally, you can record in a 360° pickup pattern at up to 48kHz/24-bit resolution which will allow you to convert your recordings to 5.1 Surround."

Edited by spindizzy

The recording quality at the George was excellent.It was a great evening Chris not heard your playing yet.A good description of mine was variable. I agree about the card that it comes with, it did not even finish the session,but it was only a try out .I need to get a better card as you suggest Tallship.I have not had a chance to put it through my computer,everything is happening all at once.My two sons do not have confidence that I will be able to use this device,but the first hurdle is over. The clarity of recording is so clear it absolutely knocks spots off anything I have ever used before.If I can work out the MP3 transfer on to the computer and also work out how to put it here, I shall give you a bit more music to listen to.

Al

If I can work out the MP3 transfer on to the computer

Now that part couldn't be easier. Plug in the usb lead, the device will ask if you want to connect to PC - answer yes and that's it! The Zoom is now just another drive on your computer. Open 'My Computer' and there it is. After that simply drag and drop the files onto your desktop or into a new folder.

and also work out how to put it here, I shall give you a bit more music to listen to.

Al

This bit may be a little trickier, you'll need a bit of simple audio editing software to chop up the continuous session file into manageable chunks and save it as an mp3 (if you've recorded in wav format). Then you'll need a bit of webspace to upload the file to to share it on here.

First of all get the files up onto your machine so they will play in media player and we'll take it in steps from there. You can do this, it just seems a bit daunting because you've not done it before. In a couple of weeks you'll wonder what all the fuss was about!

Pete.