Arran And Concertina's

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

My goodness, what a most delightful thread. I'm in the throws of deciding to take up a friend's offer to 'hang out' for a musical week some distance north of Arran just before the ACE. That being the case you may add another pretty raw beginner to the roster.

Cheers, JD

I was there about a month ago to go paragliding, didn't even really know a concertina was on my horizon. Loved the place so much, the woman whose B & B we stayed at is now all excited about house trading. I'd move there if I had to take up residence in the UK, and now I have another reason. Well, back to B. Levy to see if I can get my fingers through another session of Twinkle, Twinkle...oh, and people have been living there for over 10,000 years, now I know why, it's beautiful.

I was there about a month ago to go paragliding, didn't even really know a concertina was on my horizon. Loved the place so much, the woman whose B & B we stayed at is now all excited about house trading. I'd move there if I had to take up residence in the UK, and now I have another reason. Well, back to B. Levy to see if I can get my fingers through another session of Twinkle, Twinkle...oh, and people have been living there for over 10,000 years, now I know why, it's beautiful.

Rusty, if you were paragliding at Kilmory you were outside my windows! do come back in October for the ACE if you can!

All the best

Samantha

• 3 months later...

As the next Arran Concertina Event is approaching, I thought it's about time to "dig up" this old post and put it back on top of the list ;) . It looks like it's going to be another special event this year! I'm really looking forward to cross the water to this charming island of Arran and enjoy everything that makes the Arran Concertina Event so special.

You can find more information at the ACE website and of course the recent post of Samantha Payne.

Hi

I think that you're very lucky if you've only managed to confuse two people. I've confused lots and lots (as well as myself :blink: ) over the years.

chris (perpetually confused by life and the universe and knowing that the answer to the ultimate question was 42 didn't help!)

chris (perpetually confused by life and the universe and knowing that the answer to the ultimate question was 42 didn't help!)

On my 42nd birthday my wife and I went to a dance and brought a cake. My wife had arranged with the organizer to have a bit of a "surprise" celebration during the break. At the entrance to the dance each person was encouraged to make a name tag and wear it. I made one that said:

David Barnert

The answer is 42.

Some people understood it before the break, but it took on a whole new meaning afterward.

Edited for formatting.

Edited by David Barnert

You can find more information at the ACE website and of course the recent post of Samantha Payne.

Samantha Payne? Is that the same person as Samantha Boorer or have I been confusing two people (neither of whom I've met) all these years?

One and the same (though it's Payn [no "e"] actually). I got married in April 2007 :wub:

Samantha

As the next Arran Concertina Event is approaching, I thought it's about time to "dig up" this old post and put it back on top of the list ;) .
Complete with grocer's apostrophe I see!

Careful, Paul. The apostrophe is appropriate. Contraction of "it is." A grocer's apostrophe would be "everything in it's place" or, worse (but the original meaning of the word) "apple's and orange's."

Samantha Payne? Is that the same person as Samantha Boorer or have I been confusing two people (neither of whom I've met) all these years?

One and the same (though it's Payn [no "e"] actually). I got married in April 2007 :wub:

Samantha

Well, (belated) congratulations, Samantha.

Careful, Paul. The apostrophe is appropriate. Contraction of "it is." A grocer's apostrophe would be "everything in it's place" or, worse (but the original meaning of the word) "apple's and orange's."

[

Dave, I'm talking about "concertina's". To me it looks like they were trying for the plural (as in potatoe's) :unsure:

Dave, I'm talking about "concertina's". To me it looks like they were trying for the plural (as in potatoe's) :unsure:

Ah, you're talking about the title of the thread. It took me forever to find it because it's not in the passage you quoted. Henk started this thread 4 years and 16 pages ago. That apostrophe's been there all this time.

• 1 month later...