Wanted: Maccann Duet Concertina

Gaspar

Hi!

I´m looking for a MacCann Sytem Duet Concertina. 46 buttons would be great but I´m open to your suggestions. Lachenal or Wheatstone (I guess those are the only MacCann system Makers)

Please contact me if you have something to offer.

Shipping would be to Miami, FL.

Thanks a lot!

Gaspar

Hi Gaspar, I have a 55 key Lachenal, New Model metal ends,steel reeds, all leather 6 fold original bellows, just available. This is in super condition except for a little derangement of the nickel plating which is hardly visible. This was serviced and tuned to concert pitch about 21/2 years ago by Andrew Norman. Serial no 805, approx early 1893. Top of the range at the time shown on the pricelist I have (not included), overtaken by the Edeophone about that time. This has been in the family since it's birth, given to me by my Father in law and originally belonging to his first wife's mother in law, Mrs Johnson! She was an accomplished musician, singing and piano and obviously concertina, although history doesn't relate that!

I love this concertina and I will be sorry to see it go, but it has to! Have replaced just with a 57 key Wheatstone to get R hand starting at C which suits a soprano better! Also had a bit of difficulty playing up an octave with short pinkies!

Can sort a photo and price later if you're interested, but have to go out now to do some work.

Edited by Ann-p

Thanks Patrick! 72 keys i a lot more than I´m looking for. I guess that 46b Maccann or 42b Cane would suit best for me.

That Aelo is wonderful but it is over 4 grand and I can´t afford that. Thanks!

Hi Gaspar, I have a 55 key Lachenal, New Model metal ends,steel reeds, all leather 6 fold original bellows, just available.

Ann Thank you so much. I bet it is an awesome Lachenal. I would preffer to find one in USA since I don´t want to deal with customs and taxes.

Thanks a lot!