What Do We All Look Like?

Ah, so the Morse Hayden is a reality! :)

(Once again, the lack of the tree structure makes it harder to understand what this quip is in response to. Multiple posts intervened between Rich's post/picture and this one. And one of those was in response to my own post/picture, which was similarly separated.)

Sorry not to have been more exacting about my post.... Pictured is my SD Wheatstone Hayden, not one of our upcoming Morse Haydens. We're still hung up on finding a shop to mass produce our reeds though I'm very hopeful of the current one we're working with.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, so the Morse Hayden is a reality!

(Once again, the lack of the tree structure makes it harder to understand what this quip is in response to. Multiple posts intervened between Rich's post/picture and this one.  And one of those was in response to my own post/picture, which was similarly separated.)

The context of quips is clear if you quote the message to which you're replying. For example, if your message had included this quote from Rich:

And here's one of me and my Hayden....

there would be no confusion.

As I've done in this message, you can add quoted passages from multiple messages (though the process is a bit tedious) using the Quote button on the screen where you write your message.

Here I am in TV land:

Nice one, Bob. What was the tune you were playing on the tina? It had a nice longsword-dancy sort of feel to it, very much like Lass of Dallagill.

Chris

PS the only Tv appearance we ever made was on Austrian TV. We never have found out what they said about us!

Dear Mr. Morse --

You said above that, for your forthcoming Morse Haydens:

We're still hung up on finding a shop to mass produce our reeds though I'm very hopeful of the current one we're working with.

Can you please tell me more about the much-anticipated Morse Hayden?

- How many keys?

- How much do you expect to charge?

- If your reed maker works out, when will you begin production?

- Give your existing pre-orders, if one were place a pre-order today, when could one expect to take delivery?

- Following the example of the Concertina Connection's offer to buy back its Jackie student English models at full price on the purchase of one of its more up-scale Englishes, can you commit to buy back the Button Box's Stagi Haydens from those upgrading to a Morris Hayden when they become available?

- All else being equal, and with the full understanding that the folks at the Button Box and Marcus Music are good friends, what specfic advantages will your Hayden have over that version being produced by Marcus Music, that would lead the wise and informed consumer to buy yours rather than Marcus'?

Looking forward to your response, I remain

Respectfully Yours,

James Plamondon

One day a friend was visiting from out of town and I demonstrated to him that the concertina is a very versatile instrument. So here's a picture of me making some concertina-techno (yes, that's a drum machine I'm twiddling).

post-4-1062355393.jpg

I play concertina in a duo with my very talented friend Karen Huckle (on harp). We used to be a harp duo until I discovered the concertina..... :rolleyes:

Regards

Morgana

Edited by Morgana

You all seem to be able to post pictures!! But I can't figure it out!!

hehe can someone help? I don't know what format to put it in! I losing my mind!

Thanks!!

Save the picture in JPG (JPEG) format, just as you would any photo for use on the web, maximum size 120k. Now, look below the window where you type the post for a field labeled "File Attachments." Next to it is a "Browse" button. Click it and find your photo. It will upload when you hit the "Add reply" button.