Greetings

Hey there. I've been lurking here off and on for a few months now, and I'm a bit nervous about talking here, with all you more experienced players - seeing as you're all going to be more talented than me as I haven't even gotten a Concertina yet...

I just wanted to say "Hi" and I'm getting a simple Jack English Concertina and possibly an older Anglo from my uncle that he gave up playing in the 70s (I don't know any details at all about it) if I can get ahold of him again. Basically, at the moment that's all I can afford but I'll definitely get something better depending on how well I do. So, uh, hopefully I can actually learn something and have some fun in the process. I'm very excited, though... :]

Hey there. I've been lurking here off and on for a few months now, and I'm a bit nervous about talking here, with all you more experienced players - seeing as you're all going to be more talented than me as I haven't even gotten a Concertina yet...

Well, of course, we never talk to anybody here unless they have a degree in musicology backed up by a career as a concertina virtuoso appearing on stages acros the world. But maybe this time we'll make an exception. :) :)

Having a look at both systems, that's sensible. That way you'll know which is right for you. And of course, your uncle's anglo might be a Jeffries ... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Welcome aboard.

Chris

Welcome Nezu!

So, uh, hopefully I can actually learn something and have some fun in the process.

You can learn a lot on this forum and I can advise you to visit a squeeze in soon. You will meet only friendly and helpfull people and learn from their playing.

I'm very excited, though... :]

I'm sure that this excitement will grow and stay for the rest of your concertina-life :)

Welcome,

Keep posting. Let us know when you get your concertinas and how you are doing. Ask all the questions that you want. Someone will be able to answer. Also, put where you are from in your profile.

Might be people close by. And festivals.

Helen

I KNEW IT! I'm DOOOOOOOOMED!

Er, like I said I ordered the Jack already, so it should arrive within a month I guess...

Thanks for all the welcomeness and whatnot. I'm sure my journey will be long and full of a ton of really bad practice. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions when I get going...

Oh, and I updated my profile~!

Edited by Nezu

Welcome, Nezu, and yes, you are doomed! Prepare to be assimilated! Resistance is futile!! Bwah hah hah hah!!! :ph34r:

But seriously, you've found a great instrument and a wonderful, informative, cordial cyber-community. Let us know when you start squeezing!