Change Of Heart Regarding Vintage

Ahhh! Do not underestimate the powers of the vintage concertina force! It is all around us and ties our universe together. As close and as natural as your own breathing.

(Apologies to OB 1 and George Lucas)

Greg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I hadn't named my concertina yet but I think I'll call it Vader! (It's black, and if you open and close the bellows w/o hitting a button it makes that wheezing noise)

Seriously, though...I'm a antique dealer as a sideline...my whole family are. I perfectly understand the allure of vintage things....Heck I've got a whole house and garage full of them to prove that! I simply don't see buying another concertina of any vintage anytime soon. I'll see if I can master the one I have, then when I'm good enough to make it worthwhile, I'll consider it.

Darth Stallard...Ha!! I like it!

Darth Stallard: If RELCOLLECT could be turned, he would be a powerful ally.

Chris Alger: Yes. Yes. He would be a great asset. Can it be done?

Darth Stallard: He will join us or die, my master.

Seriously, though...I'm a antique dealer as a sideline...my whole family are.  I perfectly understand the allure of vintage things.... I simply don't see buying another concertina of any vintage anytime soon.

Ah, but it isn't just "the allure of vintage things" that you refer to. As we finally convinced Jeff, they really are superb instruments ! :)

...it isn't just "the allure of vintage things" that you refer to. As we finally convinced Jeff, they really are superb instruments !  :)

I suppose it depends on your definition of "vintage".

... Old things for old's sake has no appeal for me.

... Well designed and finely crafted does appeal to me.

But what I'm interested in possessing is well designed, finely crafted, and personally useful. A fine concertina fits the bill! :)

Jeff Stallard Posted Today, 08:35 AM

Chris Alger: Yes. Yes. He would be a great asset. Can it be done?

QUOTE(Paul Read @ May 12 2005, 04:01 PM)

I think Chris's surname is spelt Algar

I think Jeff is anticipating a "success story" in turning his friend to the vintage side. (As in Horatio....)

Greg

... Old things for old's sake has no appeal for me.

I tend towards liking anachronistic things. I value handcrafted items over mass-produced, and was never much interested in having what everyone else has.

As for my imminent conversion to vintage-concertinaism, someone else will have to finance it for the time being! perhaps we could take up a collection... :rolleyes:

You're not having mine !

But, Stephen...it seems as if you have extra. I'm merely offering you free off-site storage. Think of it as a disaster plan....should a tsunami wipe out Ireland, your collection's legacy would live on with me. I really only have your best interests in mind, you know. ;)

Oh Paul, you had me laughing out loud with the algar rhythm and I hadn't quite recovered when I got to Algar bra.

You guys are funny.

I need to laugh today.

Thanks.

Helen :lol: :lol: