Super Edgley Professional G/d Anglo For Sale In Uk

Robin Tims

post-145-0-14694300-1488721764_thumb.jpgpost-145-0-98153000-1488721805_thumb.jpgpost-145-0-63358800-1488721861_thumb.jpgpost-145-0-06135100-1488721884_thumb.jpg

NOW SOLD

Reluctantly I have decided to let my G/D Anglo go and stay with just a C/G so as to continue slowly along the usual book and workshop led learning curves. ‘Slowly’ because there has suddenly been a lot more time needed recently, for the longer experience I already have with English system.

This Edgely, number 389, was made by Frank in January 2015 (signed inside) and sold to a customer in Toronto in March of that year.

Having had little use it was then sold on to a chap in Kent UK during August 2016 who suffered some £600 above the selling price to cover the additional cost of shipping, insurance, UK import duty and VAT. Encountering changed circumstances though, he too felt it necessary to sell, whereupon it was quickly snapped up by me September 2016. I duly contacted Frank who knows that I have it.

This is a beautiful instrument with all the ‘Professional’ attributes of handmade Italian accordion reeds and angled reedpans etc mentioned on the Edgley website. The finish is I think a combination of Ebony and Bloodwood. There is no damage, it is unmarked, airtight, plays perfectly and in tune. The original Sean Fallon hard case is included, plus the Edgley Instruction Sheet and Allen Key.

An asking price of £1900 plus delivery costs seems fair. Following cleared payment I would be happy to send it to most European destinations, although I would be apprehensive of the responsibility of shipping it back across the pond to the States or Canada. Collection from my home near King’s Lynn, Norfolk UK is also a welcome alternative.

If sold I will make the usual contribution to this Forum of course. Only if unsold after a while, will I then use the services of eBay.

Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks. Hope my attempt to attach pics works.

Rob

Edited by Robin Tims