Easy Abc

VIN

I have just started to try easy abc I have no problem listing a title in the left hand box but it does not save the list on closing, I have tried saving it before closing with no success although the title is still saved in my documents file, am I doing something wrong, I cant believe I have to re populate the list each time I use the program, thanks in advance for any advice

I have just started to try easy abc I have no problem listing a title in the left hand box but it does not save the list on closing, I have tried saving it before closing with no success although the title is still saved in my documents file, am I doing something wrong, I cant believe I have to re populate the list each time I use the program, thanks in advance for any advice

I now use EasyABC (v. 1.3.7.1) all the time.

I can't quite see what the problem is, and certainly can't reproduce it on my W7 laptop PC.

Can I suggest that you take a step back and start by downloading one of the many ABC tune books

available on the internet, and then load that file into EasyABC via the Open option in the (dropdown)

File menu at top left to see whether that works OK? Make a few trivial changes to the ABC code, save

and re-open the file just to see if you can get that working? A simple suggestion but it might serve to

get you started?

Good luck!

Roger

Edited by lachenal74693

I use EasyABC 1.3.5 on a Mac, and I also don't see the problem. Don't worry about the left hand box. It's just to show you information. Everything you do should be in the text entry area across the bottom. Type some text in it (preferably, but not necessarily, abc code). If it's proper abc code, the index number and title of the tune will appear in the left hand box, but just let it be there. Save your work. If you try to quit without saving, you will be reminded with a dialog box.

Did that work?

Are you putting an X: field at the head of each tune? If you''re not giving each individual tune a full header starting with an X: and (conventionally)finishing with a K: before staring the tune body, EasyAbc may be having trouble parsing out the individual tunes.

If you're still struggling post the first couple of tunes from your file here, and I'm sure I, or someone else, will be able to spot the issue.