2 Anglos For Sale

Bob Lusk

I'm still trying to sell my Jones Anglo concertina. I'll be at the gathering in Massachusetts this Saturday if anyone wants to try it. Also have a good quality 2 row I had from Chris Alger a few years ago. It's a no name but has real concertina reeds. Was repaired by David Leese at one time. Mahongany ends. Asking $700.

Jones 3 row Anglo – 30 buttons. 6 fold bellows. I believe this is what they call a broad reed concertina – good for song accompaniment. Bought from Chris Alger 6 years ago – serviced at Button Box 3 years ago, it is in good working condition. 1 button, the C# on the 3rd row is in an unusual position. Not played much recently as I switched to English.

A/F A/Bb C#/Eb A/G G#/Bb C/Eb G#/A C#/Bb A/F C/Eb

Asking $1400 or would be willing to trade for a comparable English concertina. It will come in a padded bag. Will make the usual donation to concertina.net if it is sold here.

Bob Lusk

845-594-4412

I'm still trying to sell my Jones Anglo concertina. 1 button, the C# on the 3rd row is in an unusual position. Not played much recently as I switched to English.

A/F A/Bb C#/Eb A/G G#/Bb C/Eb G#/A C#/Bb A/F C/Eb

Bob,

It's not just that the C# on the third row RH is unusual! It's also unusual to have a press A on the first button LH (beside the press A on the adjacent button), and two press Cs (rather than C#s) on the same buttons as the E-flats RH.

Ar you sure there's no typo in your posting?

Cheers,

John

John - You are so right - It has been so long since I played this, I was going by something I had typed some years ago. Just sat down with a tuner and what I get now is

E/F A/Bb C#/Eb A/G G#/Bb C#/Eb Ab/G C#/Bb A/F C/Eb

When I think of how long I spent studying the Anglo, I'm mortified to admit I can't play note 1 on it anymore.

Bob