New Forum Software is Here

looks good.

Well, the upgrade seemed to ge pretty well. It's a BIG upgrade, so please just take your time to learn it (I have no idea what's new either). I'll try to restore the logo and ads as soon as I can figure out how...

Thanks for your patience,

Paul

looks good.

Well, the upgrade seemed to ge pretty well. It's a BIG upgrade, so please just take your time to learn it (I have no idea what's new either). I'll try to restore the logo and ads as soon as I can figure out how...

Paul

Blimey that made me jump. (Can't see the 'fast reply' though)

Looks very smart.

And I'll be bumping around in the dark (like an astronomer) learning the ropes too, so bear with us. Sure to be interesting. If you can't figure the forums at first, go play concertina for a while.

Where are the smileys? Oh, here. B)

Ken

And I'll be bumping around in the dark (like an astronomer) learning the ropes too, so bear with us. Sure to be interesting. If you can't figure the forums at first, go play concertina for a while.

Where are the smileys? Oh, here. B)

Good choice of icon... the blind leading the blind.
:D

I have found some problems, having to do with formatting of posts from before the upgrade (therefore most of them, but not this thread).

I have emailed Paul about them.

Edited to add: And he is doing something about them right now. Good man.

Edited by JimLucas

I was on the old site and had supper and got back on and thought " what the Hxxl?" But then I realized it was an upgrade. Thought for a brief moment that a virus had gotten my computer through my on board email software. Whew, was I relieved when I was able to navigate the site.

Great Job Paul.

Steve Maurice

How can I get the old style view of all the replies in the FORUM I'm reading. I HATE this only showing the "Threads" business. It takes forever to navigate.

Paul

How can I get the old style view of all the replies in the FORUM I'm reading. I HATE this only showing the "Threads" business. It takes forever to navigate.

Paul

Seems to be globally set now in your options. I always had mine set to "forum" view so I didn't know what you're talking about... perhaps you had yours set to linear or whatever? Click the triangle next to your name at top right of page, My Settings, Forums tab, then try changing the Topic Display Mode at the bottom.

Paul

• Like 1

Paul

Seems to be globally set now in your options. I always had mine set to "forum" view so I didn't know what you're talking about... perhaps you had yours set to linear or whatever? Click the triangle next to your name at top right of page, My Settings, Forums tab, then try changing the Topic Display Mode at the bottom.

Paul

Onward and upward Paul! must have been lots of work for you so tks. :)

Hi

I guess a new layout makes you look more closely at the facilities available and that's not a bad thing- far too easy to get set in one's ways

I'm sure we will all find our way about - eventually :blink:

chris (permanently confused by life and the universe :blink:)

Gosh! Took me by surprise too. I think I'll wait and get used to it before I pronouce judgement (that's j-u-d-g-e-m-e-n-t, pronounced "judgement" (thanks, Spike)) but it looks pretty slick. Still Invision, isn't it? Things seem to work more-or-less how they used to.

Chris

PS Just thought I'd see what happened if I tried to "vote this post up". Was amused to see I have apparently exhausted my quota of positive votes for the day :rolleyes:

Edited by Chris Timson
  • Downvote 1

PS Just thought I'd see what happened if I tried to "vote this post up". Was amused to see I have apparently exhausted my quota of positive votes for the day :rolleyes:

Glad to hear it.

I surely don't want to see these Forums turn into a Concertina.net posting popularity contest or one of those the-only-reality-in-it-is-in-the-name "reality" shows. If that happens, I'm likely to make myself vary scarce.

I heard that!

...the thunder of
feet
fingers rushing to enter votes, in hope of driving me away.
:ph34r:
:P
:D
  • Like 2

Paul

Looks good :).

I think "watch this topic" feature is very useful.

BTW, will lofiversion also come back soon ? It was convenient to access from my mobile.

Cheers,

--

Taka