Does Anyone Recognise This Tune?

Pete Dunk

File is only available for download (6.5 MB), not for preview.

Aye, but the download is free. I downloaded it and then played it on my computer.

FWIW, there were several parts that sounded familiar, but I'm not sure they were all from a single tune (song? I found myself trying to recall words) that I've heard before.

Well, from looking at the Facebook page for Les Cornemuses a Miroirs du Limousin (here), I gather that the piece is Italian. The musicians (and possibly the piece) appear to hail from Cassino. There's also the Facebook page for the Festival La Zampgna-Maranola (here), which seems to be where the video was recorded, but (speaking neither French nor Italian) I couldn't glean any further information. No one seems to have posted the title of the tune, though.

FWIW, there were several parts that sounded familiar, but I'm not sure they were all from a single tune (song? I found myself trying to recall words) that I've heard before.

I agree Jim, there are phrases that bring words to your lips but they are too brief to make sense of. The end of the A music has me singing '(working) for a year' and the only song I can think of that that fits with is The Lish Young Buy-a-Broom but it's too fleeting to tie it down and I'm not convinced . Other suggestions are that it contains elements of L'inconnu de Limoise which is tenuous at best!

I've Googled the names of the Italian musicians involved and largely drawn a blank other than that they actually exist and perform but apparently they neither record nor have a website.

Ho - hum!

File is only available for download (6.5 MB), not for preview.

If you have a dial-up connection this is not recommended. If, however, you live on the planet earth just hit the download button and get the file for free. Preview involves me paying for you to spool the file onto your media player, this, I have to say, is never going to happen!

If, however, you live on the planet earth just hit the download button and get the file for free.

It's not about getting the file for free. I will happily listen to a tune that streams on a player but rather not download whole files. And no need to go all snide about living on planet earth and all that. It could just as easily be said that if you're to skimpy to pay for a file to stream and you live on planet earth you'd sign up for a Box.net or soundcloud account and get things sorted like other people do.

what_is_this_up_by_i_is_smart-d4zw4j2.gi

And no need to go all snide about living on planet earth and all that. It could just as easily be said that if you're to skimpy to pay for a file to stream and you live on planet earth you'd sign up for a Box.net or soundcloud account and get things sorted like other people do.

what_is_this_up_by_i_is_smart-d4zw4j2.gi

I don't see where snide comes into it, I wasn't being underhand or saying anything in an evasive way, I was merely being mildly sarcastic in a very obvious way. As it happens I have both Box and Soundcloud accounts, Soundcloud wasn't any use in this instance as I was sharing a video file so I used Box. Box spools MP3 but not video that's just the way it is.

It wasn't my intention to upset, insult or irritate you in any way but as my style of writing isn't to your taste I will avoid any future contact.