4 replies to this topic

#1 adrian brown

adrian brown

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

I've just been in Vienna for four days and found it impossible to get to the forum. I kept getting the page where it said that I was not allowed to access the forum - even trying to log in didn't help! Thinking the whole site was down, I eventually I e-mailed a couple of friends here, who told me everything was normal at their end, so it must have been a purely local issue. I did try with both computer and mobile device, but both were denied access. Once outside of Vienna, the site worked fine from the first WiFi connection I had. I just wondered if anybody had experienced this strange effect in the past?. I might add that everything else worked fine - e.mail, browser, FTP etc. it was as if the WiFi connection had it in solely for concertina.net...

Adrian

#2 adrian brown

adrian brown

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:16 PM

This is a screenshot of the message I received. I just wanted to warn others that if they receive something like this, it doesn't mean the site itself is down - maybe the hotel you're staying in has something against C.net...

Adrian

IMG_3098.PNG

#3 rob carr

rob carr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:19 AM

A plot by the Hohner Vienna melodeons (pokerwork) to take over the world.

#4 David Barnert

David Barnert

Ineluctable Opinionmaker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3051 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:31 PM

This is a screenshot of the message I received...

Hmmm.....

Did you try pressing the “Full Version” button at the bottom? The mobile version of this site is notoriously full of problems, many solved by using the desktop version on a mobile device.

#5 adrian brown

adrian brown

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:11 AM

A plot by the Hohner Vienna melodeons (pokerwork) to take over the world.

That was my thought too Rob, but I didn't have any problems when I was in Trossingen last year - admittedly, they only make harmonicas there there days...

This is a screenshot of the message I received...

Hmmm.....

Did you try pressing the “Full Version” button at the bottom? The mobile version of this site is notoriously full of problems, many solved by using the desktop version on a mobile device.

Yes I did David, I even got the same message on my computer. There was no problem with the concertina.net home page, it was just the forums that were out of bounds...

Adrian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users