22 replies to this topic

#19 Bob Michel

Bob Michel

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:46 AM

I'll add my thanks to Jim and to all the folks who made TOTM so much fun. I enjoyed the regular discipline of trying something that was usually outside my comfort zone.

On the other hand, the Concertina Videos & Music subforum is a place where any one of us can post a Tune or Theme Challenge, without the formality of a poll or the intercession of a beleaguered moderator. I'll look forward to a less formal version of the old monthly exchange.

Bob Michel
Near Philly

#20 chas

chas

Chatty concertinist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:51 PM

My thanks, too, Jim.  TOTM has had a lot to do with getting me back into playing duet and exploring types of tune I would not otherwise have looked at.  As Bob says, there's still a place to post tunes if we want to.

#21 bellowbelle

bellowbelle

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1409 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:56 PM

Thanks, yes...  was a good incentive to learn some new tunes.  I managed to cover at least a few of the TOTMs. 

Prompted me to start my facebook 'band/musician' page, though I have no interest in trying to play anywhere other than here at home.  So I'll keep trying!

I have had very sore/bad fingers lately and it's been easier for some reason to play my accordion, not the concertina.  So I'm waiting to get back to it.  If anyone invents a concertina with squishy neoprene buttons or something... let me know.... that would be nice.  Nice squishy buttons! 

#22 Rod

Rod

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:33 AM

The touch screen stylus that l use for my iPad has a very soft comfortable rubbery ('pneumatic' ?) tip. Something similar, if it existed, might be ideal to form fitted caps to your concertina buttons in order to cushion your finger tips.

#23 bellowbelle

bellowbelle

Heavyweight Boxer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1409 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:48 PM

*Like!*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users