Uk Concertina Hard Cases

This question has been asked a number of times but not for 5 or 6 years. I've just restored (nearly) a Wheatstone Linota and I want to give it a suitable protective case. Does anyone know of anything reasonably priced in the UK.

I've owned one of the cheaper Chinese cases before and not really felt the quality. Conversely, when I owned an Edgley, the Sean fallon case was outstanding but sadly I can't get one here.

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Will Moore

The Storm/Pelican case is widely available, and gives superb protection.

Thanks Theo - I have looked at this, but I'm concerned the concertina won't fit. I'd get the padded option as I have experence with pick and pluck foam (from my camera gear) and it tends to degrade in a couple of years, leaving lots of small pieces in the case - just ready to fill the reeds with muck!

Perhaps I am being overly cautious!

As long as the Linota is standard size ie.not a baritone, it will fit in the Hardigg/Pelican Storm case iM2075. Best not to use any form of foam, it will become friable or slimy in a decade or two. Flocked materials are not good either, they shed hairs. Strong organic fabrics and padding will last best.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE :)

I ended up spending more than I should on something custom made and beautiful. I wanted to share as Simon is very talented and I am sure others might be interested in his work.

http://leatherforfolkies.co.uk/shop/music/instrument-cases/

Now I have to wait patiently until October for it to arrive :) Thankfully my current case is ample protection, but a little large for the size of my concertina.