Tuning Meters - Any Thoughts?

Thanks All,

From all your recommendations, I think I'm going to try a Korg CA30 to see if its up to it. At around 20 UKP it won't be a great loss if it isn't.

Hi Wes,

Did you get your tuning meter yet and if so, how are you getting on with it?

I am looking to buy a tuning meter.

:D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I don't expect concertinas to be perfectly in tune.  It is part of their charm, like Bob Dylan.
Bob Dylan is part of the concertina's charm?

... I never knew! :P

Well he bought one anyway !

I was looking for something else a few days ago when I stumbled on this, in an old I.C.A. Newsletter (No.148, November 1967, p.4) :

Harry Crabb tells us that he has sold a concertina to Bob Dylan, the American folk singer. :blink:

Maybe it was too "in tune" for him ? B)

Thanks All,

From all your recommendations, I think I'm going to try a Korg CA30 to see if its up to it. At around 20 UKP it won't be a great loss if it isn't.

Hi Wes,

Did you get your tuning meter yet and if so, how are you getting on with it?

I am looking to buy a tuning meter.

:D

If you need a tuner only for home use, why not use your computer and download a tuner programme from the internet (I use APTuner). Then all you need is a cheap mic plugged into your soundcard and away you go!

A lot bigger screen than on a small tuner, which is a big attraction for me.

Any one else using such a tuner programme?

If you need a tuner only for home use, why not use your computer and download a tuner programme from the internet (I use APTuner). Then all you need is a cheap mic plugged into your soundcard and away you go!

Any one else using such a tuner programme?

I've been using Tunit! which (incredibly enough!) is only $29. Not only does it give you the fundamental pitch (in 1/10 of a cent) but of the first 7 overtones as well. You can also select many non-just tunings too which comes in handy when wanting to tune your box to Werkmeister III.

I think the issue is with accuracy of the tuner. I don't know about the computer ones but the korgs, seiko etc are, generally claimed to be accurate to =- 2 cents whereas the strobe tuners are accurate to =-o.1 cent.

You need to carefully check the specs on the individual tuner.