A Visit to The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City

Perry Werner

Howdy:

Made a trek into New York City over the weekend to find that the seldom seen Free Reed exhibit display was on view.

A real nice display showing the evolution and relatives of concertinas and other free reeds.

Below are a few photos which include a Wheatstone Symphonium and an early Wheatstone duet in addition to an early Wheatstone 24 button English Concertina.

Enjoy!!!!!!!

Perry Werner

PS: Not sure if all the attachments will land on one posting so I'll post several!

post-168-0-02604600-1328544873_thumb.jpg

OK Perry, I merged these posts and deleted your duplicate topics. Note the difference between "start topic" which may be what you kept clicking, and opening your new topic to read (as it comes back on your screen after you submit it) where you can click on "add reply." That latter is what I suggest you try if you haven't already.

I'm headed to NJ next week for several months and will have to check out this exhibit - thanks! (and maybe connect with you!). Cheers,

Ken

OK Perry, I merged these posts and deleted your duplicate topics. Note the difference between "start topic" which may be what you kept clicking, and opening your new topic to read (as it comes back on your screen after you submit it) where you can click on "add reply." That latter is what I suggest you try if you haven't already.

I'm headed to NJ next week for several months and will have to check out this exhibit - thanks! (and maybe connect with you!). Cheers,

Ken

Hi Ken:

That's for cleaning things up for me. Hopefully this response will let me post the additional 3 images. It seems that when I click the "Choose File" file button it let's me choose only one file and then allows me to attach it. I try to continue adding files but that does not seem to work. I can post several images in one posting can I not?

Best,

Perry

Perry,

Another potential issue is there is a file quota and if you have posted a lot of other pictures or sound files you may be bumping up against the ceiling - even I am subject to it, a function of the amount of on-line storage Paul S. has to purchase to keep up with all our postings and doings here.

If that's not it I'll defer to the real experts, who should check on this thread before long.

Maybe see you in the Garden State some time.

Ken

Thanks Ken. Understood.

Too bad, i thought these pix would be of great interest to the group.

Isn't there another option?

It's possible to link to an image on an external web site (using the tool in the editor's tool bar that looks like a picture frame, two icons to the right of the smiley) without using any of your local storage allotment. Many folks use Picasa, or Flickr, or some such web-based service to do this, but...

Perry, you have your own web domain. You should be able to create a folder there into which you can load your image files, then simply link to those files. Neither the photos nor the folder will appear as part of your public web site unless you specifically put links to them on your public pages.

It's been quite a while since I've tried that, so I'm creating a couple of examples just to be sure it works as I say:

Z_Renees_cow_d5.JPG

kids+bad_boy.JPG

And it does.
:)

Thanks Ken. Understood.

Isn't there another option?

It's possible to link to an image on an external web site (using the tool in the editor's tool bar that looks like a picture frame, two icons to the right of the smiley) without using any of your local storage allotment. Many folks use Picasa, or Flickr, or some such web-based service to do this, but...

Perry, you have your own web domain. You should be able to create a folder there into which you can load your image files, then simply link to those files. Neither the photos nor the folder will appear as part of your public web site unless you specifically put links to them on your public pages.

It's been quite a while since I've tried that, so I'm creating a couple of examples just to be sure it works as I say:

Z_Renees_cow_d5.JPG

kids+bad_boy.JPG

And it does.
:)

Jim:

Thanks for the advice.

Would it not be simpler to post each image as a new subject or is that a no-no according to the powers that be?

Once I start playing with my website I get myself into trouble and will no doubt foul things up.

Perry

Would it not be simpler to post each image as a new subject or is that a no-no according to the powers that be?

Not only is it a no-no, it won't work.

Your space limitation is not per-subject, but an absolute total for everything you would upload anywhere in the forum.

Once I start playing with my website I get myself into trouble and will no doubt foul things up.

I think I can help you avoid that. I'll PM you in a little while (after I come back in from feeding the sheep), and we can discuss how to make it work in a way that you can be comfortable with.

"Thanks Ken. Understood.

Let me know if you ever get to Joisy.

Best,

Perry "

Perry, BTW, nice cow and sheep....also, you are not really from New Jersey, are you???? The reason I ask is that I would find it very odd for any self respecting NJ person to say "Joisy", that is a Brooklyn thing that most New Jersey folks find offensive...though, in parts of Bergen county(where you live), Hudson county, and to a lesser degree, Down Neck Newark, there are people with New York pronunciations, but "joisy" is not one of them; that is from old WWII movies, where Brooklyn guys are talking to NJ men before battle. No-one from NJ would ever use that pronunciation, there is enough stupid stuff on the internet and TV that is contributing to the defiling of the Garden State, please don't help it along, thanks,

A New Jerseyan for 54 years,

Don

Edited by hielandman

"Thanks Ken. Understood.

Best,

Perry "

Perry, BTW, nice cow and sheep....

It was Jim that posted the cow and sheep.

Perry: Please, by all means, follow Jim's advise and upload the pictures to your own web space and then (as jim did with his pictures) link them here, in this thread.

Don't use the "attach" buttons below, use the "insert image" button above (hover your mouse over the buttons until their names appear). On my screen, it's the one two to the right of the smiley face.

• 5 months later...

"Thanks Ken. Understood.

Best,

Perry "

Perry, BTW, nice cow and sheep....also, you are not really from New Jersey, are you???? The reason I ask is that I would find it very odd for any self respecting NJ person to say "Joisy", that is a Brooklyn thing that most New Jersey folks find offensive...though, in parts of Bergen county(where you live), Hudson county, and to a lesser degree, Down Neck Newark, there are people with New York pronunciations, but "joisy" is not one of them; that is from old WWII movies, where Brooklyn guys are talking to NJ men before battle. No-one from NJ would ever use that pronunciation, there is enough stupid stuff on the internet and TV that is contributing to the defiling of the Garden State, please don't help it along, thanks,

A New Jerseyan for 54 years,

Don

Hi Don:

Thanks for the advice but I am originally from Brooklyn!!!!!!!!!!

Best,

Perry