Getting over the hump?

Often, there is someone who will enjoy it -- no matter how "bad" you are.. ;)

But Mom doesn't live that nearby, anymore. :(

Consider moving back in with mom, perhaps (or, work on improving your concetina playing..) :rolleyes:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do find that if I get stuck in I do get over the hump but I've decided to get my fiddle out for a change.

I could always go back to melodeon but that would defeat the object of taking up Anglo!

Shouldn't.

It should be similar to going back to the fiddle.

I.e., not to give up the anglo, but for variety.

I do find that if I get stuck in I do get over the hump but I've decided to get my fiddle out for a change.

I could always go back to melodeon but that would defeat the object of taking up Anglo!

Shouldn't.

It should be similar to going back to the fiddle.

I.e., not to give up the anglo, but for variety.

Hi Jim

The melodeon leads me to in row playing and I'm working on cross row style on the C/G so fiddle it is. It helps with working on the embellishments

Cheers

Mike

It's not even a matter of working the actual shape or individual notes or phrasing of the tune out, because I've got pretty reasonable sight-reading and ear-learning skills - but getting the actual fingers working on the tune on the flute or whistle seems to solve some of the issues around playing it on the completely different muscular and spatial movements involved in playing it on EC ...

This may be oversimplifying this thought, but I seem to have no trouble learning a tune on my anglo and then getting it right on the harmonica, or vice versa, almost immediately. In fact, before I started on the anglo, I never could get the hang of the harmonica, or maybe I just wasn't interested enough to try.

Everytime I get fustrated with the concertina I run to the melodeon and when I get annoyed with the melodeon I go to the concertina...or I swap when I start to ache...they seem to hurt different muscles when I play. lol!

As for me, I'm just wondering if LDT's been at the Magic Mushrooms ..... again! :D

I've never been at them. lol!

Are you sure LDT? You seem to "LOL" an awful lot?

See what I mean? :P

its a nervous laugh. I do it in real life too.

Everytime I get fustrated with the concertina I run to the melodeon and when I get annoyed with the melodeon I go to the concertina...or I swap when I start to ache...they seem to hurt different muscles when I play. lol!

That's a good workout then! Throw in a few instruments with foot pedals and play them above your head and you'll be an Iron Woman

Edited by michael sam wild

That's a good workout then! Throw in a few instruments with foot pedals and play them above your head and you'll be an Iron Woman

If she overdoes it, she may need an iron lung. :ph34r:

Or she can be a one woman band - but fit.

:lol:

Attach a bass drum to my back symbols to knees....rather like Bert from Mary Poppins. :P

Get on that plinth!

I'd probably get the middle of the night shift...I like my sleep.

Attach a bass drum to my back symbols to knees....rather like Bert from Mary Poppins. :P

Get on that plinth!

You'ld probably get the middle of the day shift .... when you are supposed to be working. ;)

Get on that plinth!

You'ld probably get the middle of the day shift .... when you are supposed to be working. ;)

Oh..so that's what I'm supposed to be doing. lol!

I'm sure I could arrange the time off.

Why don't you get on the plinth Peter?

What; and photograph everyone milling about near the base of the plinth? The role reversal would be an interesting concept, and is probably not what the organises had in mind! It might result in images like this:

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1400525

I haven't checked on the website, but there's a fair chance that someone else has already thought of the idea!

What; and photograph everyone milling about near the base of the plinth? The role reversal would be an interesting concept, and is probably not what the organises had in mind! It might result in images like this:

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1400525

I haven't checked on the website, but there's a fair chance that someone else has already thought of the idea!

it would bring a new thought on which is the 'art' and which are the people viewing the art.

'Who watches the watchers?'

you'd get some good pics.

I don't think its that high really

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladydetemps/3713914590/

Edited by LDT