Posted (edited)

testing, testing, 1, 2,3, Mary had a little lamb...

Looks OK, nice clean lines...

I've probably  missed it, but I can no longer see my .sig, or how to update it...

R

Edited by lachenal74693
update

Signatures are enabled now... I'm also just trying to figure out the new system and all the settings and options!!

Thanks,

Paul

So I used to hit the “new contents” buttons is there something like that now?

2 minutes ago, mathhag said:

So I used to hit the “new contents” buttons is there something like that now?

Try the "activity" tab at the top?

Looks good on my android smartphone.

Posted (edited)

Great. That seems to work 

Edited by mathhag

4 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Looks good on my android smartphone.

Yeah, the mobile version should be light-years ahead now!! Looks amazing on my iPhone...

Posted (edited)

More prominent place for 'who's online' now,  with member names and what they're doing at the moment. Also visible for non-members. 

I wouldn't mind if that was hidden

Edited by Leonard
Typo

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Paul Schwartz said:

Signatures are enabled now... I'm also just trying to figure out the new system and all the settings and options!!

Thank you!

I'd sort of assumed that settings would be carried over automagically. Must be a nightmare if you have to set them up again from scratch!

Roger

Edited by lachenal74693

FYI: No Signatures on the mobile version.

15 hours ago, Leonard said:

More prominent place for 'who's online' now,  with member names and what they're doing at the moment. Also visible for non-members. 

Good point. I'll see if there's some way to disable that if you're not registered.

4 hours ago, Leonard said:

FYI: No Signatures on the mobile version.

Not surprised... makes sense to me. Mobile is meant to be minimalist; personally, I don't want to see everyone's enormous signature on my little phone screen every time 🙂

Posted (edited)

Just a general point. I went  through a few 'major software upgrades' in my working life - some were absolute bloody disasters.
Here in the UK we've recently been presented with the unedifying sight of the 'heid-bummer' at Trustee Savings Bank wriggling
uncomfortably on the hook after the banks shift from one system to another went pear-shaped - big-time.

I think the c.net upgrade has gone remarkably well, and I for one would like to record my thanks for the work that Paul Schwartz
and the rest of the team in the back-office have clearly done to make this transition as smooth as possible.

Thank you all!

Roger

[Minor point - a <return> seems to produce double-spacing, when what you may want is merely a <newline> without extra spacing.
Is that 'fixable'?]

Edited by lachenal74693

29 minutes ago, lachenal74693 said:

Just a general point. I went  through a few 'major software upgrades' in my working life - some were absolute bloody disasters. Here in the UK we've recently been presented with the unedifying sight of the 'heid-bummer' at Trustee Savings Bank wriggling uncomfortably on the hook after the banks shift from one system to another went pear-shaped - big-time.

I think the c.net upgrade has gone remarkably well, and I for one would like to record my thanks for the work that Paul Schwartz and the rest of the team in the back-office have clearly done to make this transition as smooth as possible.

Thank you all!

Roger

[Minor point - a <return> seems to produce double-spacing, when what you may want is merely a <newline> without extra spacing. Is that 'fixable'?]

Thanks! Yes, it went remarkably well after a few initial hiccups. Yes, return is now a paragraph, I thought that made sense. As in most editors/word processors, you can simply press shift-return to get a newline instead of a new paragraph.

Paul

16 hours ago, Leonard said:

Done! I figured it out finally and the "who's online" is now hidden from guests.

Paul

25 minutes ago, Paul Schwartz said:

simply press shift-return to get a newline instead of a new paragraph.

Thanks - amazingly, I've never come across that one before... R.

17 hours ago, Leonard said:

I'm not 100% certain, but I think if you tick the "Sign in anonymously" box when you log in, it hides you from those lists.

I'm happy with Paul's solution. Don't want to be anonymous for other c.net contributors.🤗