Uk Concertina Happenings In May

I am looking forward to a trip to the UK in May/June (unfortunately without my EC or other instruments). Having been a regular at a UK style folk club in Northern Virginia for many years, I have plotted my upcoming travels against folk club listings and plan to stop at a few when events sync with my itinerary. As I'm likely missing many and have not plotted any concertina happenings I thought I would list my itinerary here in hopes others can recommend events I might like to attend, music or otherwise.

5/20-21: Glasgow

5/22-23: Oban

5/24: Inverness

5/25-26: Edinburgh

5/27-28: Keswick (Lake District)

5/29-30: Askrigg (Yorkshire Dales)

5/31- 6\1: York

6/2: Llandudno (North Wales)

6\3-4: Pembrokeshire

6/5: Gloucester

6/6: Chipping Norton (Cotswalds)

6/7-10: Plymouth

When driving around Ireland a few years ago I was able to get to many musical events and hope to do the same this year in UK. Thanks for any suggestions you can give me.

there is a concertina band workshop day at Stamford Lincolnshire on Sunday 10th June. Edited to add - it might not fit with your visit to Plymouth!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiGocv4kbraAhWpCMAKHd-WBmMQFgguMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsqueezeast.org.uk%2F&usg=AOvVaw2imYepBckh0tGf7sNcefDR

Edited by John Wild

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ken,

just worked out your coding! they are dates! 5/29-30 = -29.827586 etc.

OR

the 29 to 30th May! after all they are UK events you are asking after. I shall be at Swaledale and Stamford.

Dave