Sign in to follow this  
gcoover

Cowboy Concertina - New Book?

In Australia they are not called cowboys but rather "stockmen" and of course there is a wonderful history and tradition surrounding them, think "The Man from Snowy River". For a token Aussie inclusion "The Overlander" jumps at me, or for more bounce "Travelling Down the Castlereagh", or for something more wistful there is "The Banks of the Condamine"

Just a few thoughts.

Cheers Steve.

Hi Gary,

I have no "cowboy song" to submit, but I'm longing to buy this book when ready.

Between gifts and personal boughts, I have now all of your anglo tutors. I find them very clear, "sober" (I mean without many "disturbing" pics or anecdotes). There are plenty of tunes ; I find them accurately chosen and sorted. Congratulations for this well-done work.

So ! When this book will be ready, I would be glad to know it. :)

Hi Gary,

I have no "cowboy song" to submit, but I'm longing to buy this book when ready.

Between gifts and personal boughts, I have now all of your anglo tutors. I find them very clear, "sober" (I mean without many "disturbing" pics or anecdotes). There are plenty of tunes ; I find them accurately chosen and sorted. Congratulations for this well-done work.

So ! When this book will be ready, I would be glad to know it. :)

I so agree

Thanks so much for the interest. I just got the exciting news that famous Western artist William Matthews is making a new painting especially for the cover!

And yes, Steve, we'll definitely have to include a few stockmen songs for all our friends down under, thanks for suggesting that.

Gary

I hope you can get this done!

Edited by JimR