ineluctable

unable to be resisted or avoided; inescapable: the ineluctable facts of history.

early 17th cent.: from Latin ineluctabilis, from in- not + eluctari struggle out.

Oxford Dictionary of English (2nd Edition revised)

I have never wanted to "earn" the title bestowed when one has made 1000 posts. I have always thought it carried a slightly sarcastic edge to it. Anyway, here it is, the day arrived, as they all do eventually...

Looks like you'll need a few more posts in your garden of words Chris, I'm still a Heavy Waiter at more than 2k. :(

Well done! And I think the mystery object mentioned in another topic is probably a motorbike carb, though I don't know the brand. On a classic car forum I used to frequent, there was a long-running thread where people posted pictures of obscure parts and challenged the forum to guess what they were.

Why would anyone want to avoid you anyway Chris, you're such a gentleman. Thanks for coming along to Con Con last weekend and for bringing your friends.

I was thinking it took 5,000 posts for that lofty designation, but that said, surely recognition is due for 1,000 posts too.

Overweight boxer? (I daresay some of us might fit that description!)

Edited by malcolm clapp

Well done! And I think the mystery object mentioned in another topic is probably a motorbike carb, though I don't know the brand. On a classic car forum I used to frequent, there was a long-running thread where people posted pictures of obscure parts and challenged the forum to guess what they were.

I think it is an Amal, definitely for a motorcycle/moped. It looks like it bolts onto a reed block?

I think it is an Amal, definitely for a motorcycle/moped. It looks like it bolts onto a reed block?

Does that make your engine sound like an accordion?