Sign in to follow this  
Aine Farrell

Gig Bag Wanted

I have been using the following Koolertron canvas ruck sack for the past 18 months (which a Cnet member in another thread recommended) and find it ideal. The bottom compartment easily takes my treble EC in its hard box and the upper compartment is ideal for sandwiches, fleece etc. I also seem to manage to find uses for the side pockets which fit a small water bottle or hip flask etc. Being canvas the straps and back aren't too sweaty.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koolertron-Shoulder-Backpack-Rucksack-Waterproof/dp/B00760EP4Y/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438247589&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=camera+ruck+sack

I recall that within the Cnet buy and sell section c.12-18 months ago was a rather nice Jeffries in a hard case with a fabric slip case that went over it, and came with a shoulder strap - the photos were very good and I am sure it would be easy to derive a pattern from them.

I have been using the following Koolertron canvas ruck sack for the past 18 months (which a Cnet member in another thread recommended) and find it ideal. The bottom compartment easily takes my treble EC in its hard box and the upper compartment is ideal for sandwiches, fleece etc. I also seem to manage to find uses for the side pockets which fit a small water bottle or hip flask etc. Being canvas the straps and back aren't too sweaty.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koolertron-Shoulder-Backpack-Rucksack-Waterproof/dp/B00760EP4Y/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438247589&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=camera+ruck+sack

I recall that within the Cnet buy and sell section c.12-18 months ago was a rather nice Jeffries in a hard case with a fabric slip case that went over it, and came with a shoulder strap - the photos were very good and I am sure it would be easy to derive a pattern from them.

Looks great - like I could store my Preciosa melodeon and my Excelsior concertina together (of course with their respective wooden boxes) into it... :)

Best wishes - Wolf

Last year I bought a camera rucksack " Lowepro Flipside Sport 15L AW" available at Amazon. This fits two small concertinas with a padded partition between. The general padding is supposed to protect expensive camrea gear so it will be ok for the odd knocks and bangs.... but with some of the insulation removed it will take a small concertina case as well.

People here can be somewhat over cosseting of their presious squeezes.... I took my favourite gig concertina to a couple of festivals this summer in a old 'over shoulder' camera bag which I think is better than those circular padded jobs sold for the purpose. I probably paid a Euro for it at a Flea market.

I keep my original Wheatstone leather cases at home and make going out versions from Plywood.... but a padded gig bag is as good ,if not better, than a hard case with very little shock absorbtion material.

Reversing your car over a concertina has a similar result with most types of cases. Slipping over on the ice and landing on your concertina is perhaps less injurious to you when a padded bag is between you and terra (very) firma.

Edited by Geoff Wooff

Slipping over on the ice and landing on your concertina is perhaps less injurious to you when a padded bag is between you and terra (very) firma.

Happened to a friend of mine. His concertina now has a new bellows. Luckily, nothing worse... to either himself or the concertina.