Anyone Going To The North-east Squeeze-in?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for pointing that out Jim, I obviously didn't look hard enough when I looked to see if there were any threads on this already!

Well, that is a few of the English players (of whom I'm one and I hope to see a lot of there, no offense to other systems :D ) Work on those tunes from the link Jim posted!

I'm also bringing my piano accordion. Any other PA people among the concertinists? In know Helen is, but I believe she is a bit of a distance away. Are there other two or more free reed instrument people?

Jay

Doug's two squeezes (not counting Dedo) are anglo and 1-row 4-stop BA.

I also associate Doug with his 2-1/2 row in D/G that he uses for Morris/Sword and for some Quebecois.

I will be there, not sure with what instruments yet, though likely with at least one anglo and one 1-row BA (Cajun). If I can get off work (from my new job) Friday, will attend whole weekend, otherwise won't arrive until wee hours of Saturday morning (when the jams are just getting good)! Hope to see/meet many of you.

Hope all of you have fun.

Yes, Jay, it is far for me. But I might go next year. A couple people have offered rides and I think it would be a blast. Of course I'll bring a PA along with a concertina. Maybe I'll be able to play one of them!

Helen

Allison - saw your post on Mudcat. You're right it does seem to be down a lot - maybe just a very slow server. I might be bringing a few songs with me but I still haven't been coordinated enough to sing and play concertina at the same time - although it is easier than singing and playing whistle at the same time :blink:

I'm in a tent myself since I booked so late - but then I haven't had a chance to go camping this year yet - so now's my chance.

I'm hoping to get there, but can't commit until the details of the upcoming Morris season have been revealed to a mere musician. Looking for hotel/motel/B and B recommendations, since I'm sure it's far too late to get a nice room, and I'm too old to camp.

Looking for hotel/motel/B and B recommendations, since I'm sure it's far too late to get a nice room, and I'm too old to camp.

Yes, all the manor rooms and cabins are bespoken for. You can call us at our new number (tomorrow is our first day of business at our NEW address!) 413 665-7793 or e-mail us at squeeze-in@buttonbox.com, or call Bucksteep manor 800 645-2825.

... or e-mail us at squeeze-in@buttonbox.com...

Are you sure that's right? In the past (and all over your web site) it's always been squeeze@buttonbox.com (the "-in" is out). I don't see any mention of squeeze-in@buttonbox.com on the web site.

Actually anything@buttonbox.com comes into our mailbox. Even Rich-are-you-being-strange-or-what@buttonbox.com will.... With all our increased mail we're trying to revamp our site so that mail comes in to pre-defined mailboxes, such as for sales, repairs, squeeze-in, info.... as well as our generic squeeze@buttonbox.com.

Kudos to you for vigilance!