Wanted: Portable Harmonium

SteveS

Steve, I've got two right now, an Estey and a Yamaha. WIsh there was some way to get one of them to you, as I'm looking to sell. I don't know what it would cost to bring one as hand luggage.

Thanks Rod for the offer - Texas is a bit too far tho.

Edit - just realised I said Texas - must have been a senior moment - I should have said Arizona.

Edited by SteveS

Steve, I've got two right now, an Estey and a Yamaha. WIsh there was some way to get one of them to you, as I'm looking to sell. I don't know what it would cost to bring one as hand luggage.

Thanks Rod for the offer - Texas is a bit too far tho.

So, tell uis about price. Someone else might be interested on this side of the pond...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve, I have the type of portable Harmonium you are after. It was an ex Salvation army, in quite good condition, ie still plays etc. I am in Kent, England. IS this of any interest to you??

I've sent you a PM, Steve

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone who replied with offers and suggestions.

I have now acquired a portable harmonium - former Salvation Army model - 5 octaves, 6 stops, swell and what looks like a tremolo coupler.

After an initial look over the instrument, I can see that it will need a fair amount of work to repair the case, retune, bellows and air reservoir - there may be other jobs to do as I get more involved (action, pads, valves?). A few reeds aren't sounding - these will need to be sorted.

Steve

Edited by SteveS