The North East Squeeze-In, Becket, MA, Sept 16-18

Back at our usual weekend of September 16-18 this year, the North-East Squeeze-In will host free-reeders playing music and meeting friends old and new from all over in a comfortable, low-key country setting.

Our new venue (but a few miles from the old in Beckett, MA and the Berkshire hills) offers more places to jam, good food, lots of camping, permission to provide our own drink, cabins with better shared bath and shower facilities, heated lodge rooms, and much more! We'll have our meals and the Cabaret Night in a spacious hall, and there are now many more places for workshops and spontaneous squeezings. Hobnob with a variety of free-reed aficionados, attend (or hold) workshops and behold an assortment of squeezeboxes and their paraphernalia for sale, swap & hagglement. The ButtonBox will be onsite for all your free-reed needs!

See the NESI website for full info on attending plus pictures, accounts and recordings of NESIs past.......

To say nothing of you in Albany, me in Kingston, Lynn near PHilly, Bob Beimer in NYC...and many other squeezers.......

Thanks, Stew.

I'll be there.

The location is practically right in the path of Hurricane Irene. Might be worth checking in a few days how the place made out.

I plan to be there this year too. Haven't seen the new venue yet but I heard good things from those who were there last year.

Looking forward to seeing you, Robin (and charging up your Mac if necessary). But this will be the first Squeeze-In at the new location. The only squeezers who have seen it are the committee, and I am not among them.

Looking forward to seeing you, Robin (and charging up your Mac if necessary). But this will be the first Squeeze-In at the new location. The only squeezers who have seen it are the committee, and I am not among them.

I'll try to remember my powercord this time :-) WOW the new place looks good. I plan to be staying in a tent so long as there are no more hurricanes coming through

I'll try to remember my powercord this time :-) WOW the new place looks good. I plan to be staying in a tent so long as there are no more hurricanes coming through

You might look at the cabins...they're extremely inexpensive and comfortable

The location is practically right in the path of Hurricane Irene. Might be worth checking in a few days how the place made out.

I have heard that the facility sustained very little damage and is fully operational. Considering how close Irene came (looks like within a mile to the west by my reckoning), that is incredible news. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the main/dining hall has wifi. There will probably people still jamming at 10PM. Your questions might be better addressed to contact@squeeze-in.org or the si-talk Yahoogroup. I'm leaving soon..........does Lynn (the registrar know you're coming?). Respond to registrar@squeeze-in.org

I should be arriving about 10:00pm tonight. I hope there is music still going on then :-)

Does anyone know if the new venue has wi-fi?

OK, I'm there. This message proves the WiFi works (I'm in an Adirondack chair outside the dining room).

If you follow the standard directions from Exit 2 and don't do anything foolish, the roads are open, but there is a bridge on Route 20 (3.3 miles west of the turn into Becket) that is down to one lane, controlled by trakkic signals at each end. No Prob.

Just got my first squeeze of the weekend. ;)